Δευτέρα 10 Ιανουαρίου 2011

flow

 I am in love. In love with this incredible line of scarves by Cristian Zuzunaga. The dominant motif on Zuzunaga's creations is the pixel combined with numerous vibrat colours. As the Spanish designer quotes "The pixel for me is a medium which allows me to explore our relationship with our environment, either via textiles or objects."



 But scarves are not all he does. He has been working for somewhat a couple of years in the field of design in collaboration with famous companies such as Kvadrat, Ligne Roset, Christophe Delcourt and the Tate Gallery. The prints he uses on the textiles for his impressive furniture and clothing designs are actually overly zoomed photographs untill the pixels are distinct and properly sized. To me it is such an innovative idea and the way he uses pixels as "metaphors which allows to explore, visualise, perceive and feel things" is simply ingenious. Cristian Zuzunaga is without a doubt my favorite person of the day and I am seriously considering of buying one or two scarves! For more information and colour visit www.zuzunaga.com.




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου