Κυριακή 13 Νοεμβρίου 2011

"βηρύλλιος ο μέγας, κάστρα βαρά"

Since 6 a.m. this morning ,when I got up, it is raining. Well, not actually raining, more drizzling. Still, it is one of the most mesmerizing days I have seen in months, and admitedly, a kind of weather that doesn't occur that often in Athens. The sky is grey and misty, and looking out my window every now and then, each time I see fresh drops of rain on the glass.
However, it just struck me that all I have been doing all day was to glance at my window for a moment or two and then hastily redirect my gaze again at my computer screen or my school books. When, in fact, all I have wanted to do was glue my eyes to the view of this peculiarly disarming skyline.
Thus, resting all my faith in the mercifull disposition of my school teachers, I decided that all I will do today is to stare out my window.
It sounds crazy. It is weird. But, what else am I supposed to live for if not for the Sky. If not to observe nature while on action. I am not supposed to watch the cars go by, or the airplanes make funny shapes in the sky as they fly. I think all I am supposed to do is watch the Clouds move hurriedly across the Sky, as if the Wind is chasing them ,listen to the sound of the Leaves that shiver as he passes through them, and study every Raindrop that rests on my window as if I have never seen Water before.

Why don't we stare at the sky  more often?

I dare you, whoever you might be, to just watch the sky today, whether it's sunny and bright, or misty and gloomy, or just a clean, modest shade of blue.
It is the sky you breath in. The forests.
Four walls can hide you, but they don't shelter you.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου