Σάββατο 20 Οκτωβρίου 2012

i dreamt you died and i woke up bleeding from all the places you have ever touched me

                                             You waited,
Knowing yourself helpless in the tweezers
Of the life that judged you, and I saw
The flayed nerve, the unhealable face-wound
Which was all you had for courage.
I saw that what gripped you, as you sipped,
Were terrors that had killed you once already.
Now, I see, I saw, sitting, the lonely
Girl who was going to die.

                                             That blue suit,
A mad, execution uniform,
Survived your sentence. But then I sat, stilled,
Unable to fathom what stilled you
As I looked at you, as I am stilled
Permanently now, permanently
Bending so briefly at your open coffin.



                                                                                            Ted Hughes, Birthday Letters,
                                                                                                      The Blue Flannel Suit

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου