Σάββατο 19 Μαρτίου 2011

consumption and insanity

                                                                                                                in front of loneliness i kneeled and wept.
                                                         To mennesker. De ensomme
 Edvard Munch (12 December 1863 – 23 January 1944)
A life truly violent, lead by a calamity stricken individual, lost in agony, misery and self destruction.
Self-portrait with
skeleton arm, 1895


"The angels of fear, sorrow, and death stood by my side since the day I was born."

















Death in the
sickroom, 1893

"No longer should interiors be painted, people reading and women knitting: there would be living people, breathing and feeling, suffering and loving"




                            
                               


                                                                          
Salzspeicher und Holstentor, etching 1903
The Kiss


Young woman on the shore, 1896
Attraction, 1896





 

"My art is really a voluntary confession and an attempt to explain to myself my relationship with life—it is, therefore, actually a sort of egoism, but I am constantly hoping that through this I can help others achieve clarity.” 
  
"Two Human Beings, The Lonely Ones", lithograph

"From my rotting body,
 flowers shall grow
 and I am in them
 and that is eternity."
  

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου